Photography and filming in Christ Church, Brittany - Privacy Notice
This privacy notice is provided to explain what to expect when we collect and process your personal information in relation to photography and/ or filming and streaming of church services in accordance with the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. We also must take into account the French GDPR Law as enacted in Law n° 2018-493 of June 20 2018.
1. The data controller is the Chaplaincy Council of Christ Church, Brittany:
2. The Rev’d Canon Malcolm Jones, Rue des Aubépines, 56580 Bréhan acts on behalf of the Chaplaincy Council as Data Control Officer
3. Personal information is collected for purposes of:
· Recording and uploading, or live-streaming services from our church, online, in order to reach out to those who are unable to attend in person, or who wish to participate in our services remotely; and
· Managing the media release forms in relation to the filming and streaming of church services on-line.
4. The categories of personal data we collect are:
· Image – We may capture your image whilst filming the church service.· Name and contact details – we will record your name and contact details provided on the media release form.We also process “special categories” of information that may include:
· Religious belief – By taking part in the service this may indicate religious belief.
· Archiving – certain services may be retained permanently for historic purposes.
5. We collect and use personal data using consent and explicit (written) consent.
By signing the Consent Form and the Media Release form, you are consenting to us using your data for the purposes set out above.
You may withhold your consent by sitting in a “film free area” of the church before filming or photography starts. Such areas will be clearly marked by notices in the church.
In the filming areas, once live-streaming or filming has started, or group photographs have been taken consent cannot be withdrawn because your data can’t be permanently removed from the internet, nor can a group video or photograph be edited to remove your image.
If you are a regular attendee, your consent will be renewed every 3 years, but you can withdraw your consent at any time to being filmed in future services by contacting the Chaplaincy Council Secretary as set out in section 9. below and sitting in the “film-free” area when attending church services if you do not want to be filmed.
You may be asked to consent on behalf of children aged 16[i] years or under attending with you. Please consider whether they would want their images to be uploaded to the internet.
6. We will be sharing photographs and recorded or live-streamed services with the public, by uploading it to social media and other internet sites, such as Zoom, Facebook, Twitter etc.
8. We will keep your data for up to 3 years, except for certain special services, which may be retained permanently for archival purposes.
9. You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
· Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
· Your right to withdraw consent – You have the right to withdraw your consent as described in section 4 above*.
· Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete*.
· Your right to request erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances*.
· Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances*.
*The rights to withdraw consent, or request erasure or restrict processing are limited, i.e. once the data is uploaded online, we are no longer able to erase or restrict the processing of individual images. In addition, the right to rectification only applies to the processing of your name and contact details, it cannot apply to your image captured on film.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. You can exercise your rights by contacting us at the contact details below.
10.If you have any complaints or queries regarding this processing activity or wish to exercise your rights, please contact Christ Church Brittany Secretary, 14 rue Général Dubreton, 56800 Ploermel
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner on 0303 123 1113 (local rate), or online at: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/your-personal-information-concerns/